Is your relationship headed in the opposite direction of where you hoped it would go?
You love your partner. You really do. But as time goes on, you're starting to:
- Have less fun together
- Snap at each other more
- Hold resentments
- Act critical or defensive toward one another
- Communicate on two totally different wavelengths
- And struggle to compromise during times of conflict
You wonder if you're less compatible than you originally thought...
Hopelessness sets in, and you ask yourself:
- “Are relationships suppose to be this hard?"
- "Will my needs ever be heard, yet alone met?”
- “Will I ever measure up to their expectations?”
- "Do they even like me anymore?!"
- “Can we really move past our issues?”
You want to work things out, but you don't know how to make it better. If anything, your problems get worse the more you try to fix them.
You know your relationship could use some serious TLC right now, but you're overwhelmed and out of solutions.
The GOOD news
There is nothing two people can't overcome as long as they're willing to work for it!
Hope can be restored, and things can get better even if it doesn't feel like it right now.
However, you might need a little extra support or advice from a professional to reach a compromise, create a new culture of appreciation in your relationship, or break out of the rut you're in.
And I hope you realize: there is no shame in that!
Lots of people, even counselors, seek professional support at times.
Because the reality is that relationships can be messy no matter who you are!
If your relationship isn't getting better despite your efforts to change, and you lack answers on how to move things forward, let me help you get back to that 'happy' place... or help you redefine what happiness looks, feels, and sounds like in your relationship.
RELATIONSHIPS are my Jam!
I've helped many couples restore happiness to their lives and relationships over the years, and I can offer you and your partner the support and advice that will not only help you fight fairly, but help you create your ideal relationship together.
I'm passionate about love, relationships, and helping people reconnect during times of stress and struggle.
I'm also trained in the most highly respected and researched couples therapy modalities to date, including:
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT)
- Discernment Counseling
- Prepare/Enrich Premarital Therapy
- Brene Brown's "The Daring Way"
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
Seeing a counselor doesn't mean you're damaged, or your relationship is doomed.
Instead, counseling can offer you and your partner an opportunity to reconnect.
It can also help you communicate better, reach compromises faster, and experience a level of closeness and understanding with one another that's deeper than you've felt before.
Therapy can help you and your partner:
- Communicate, collaborate, and compromise more effectively
- Use your problems to generate closeness as opposed to distance
- Be more likely or more willing to accommodate each other’s needs
- Treat each other with more kindness and respect
- Grow stronger individually, and as a couple
- Generate tolerance for each other’s complaints
- Stop blame and defensiveness in their tracks
- Understand what makes you incompatible, how you deal with it, and it's potential consequences
- Manage incompatibilities in ways that won’t escalate conflict or deepen the divide
- Change how you react emotionally to each other’s behavior
- Rekindle your love for one another, and restore hope to your relationship
- Create shared meaning around difficult issues despite value differences