Is parenthood support to be this stressful?
Stress and parenting go hand in hand, and rightfully so! When you become a parent, your entire reality changes. Not only does parenthood change a person's identity, it impacts their priorities, relationships, finances, work, values, sexuality, physical appearance, feelings, family, spirituality, social life... The list goes on! Thus, it's no wonder parents experience high amounts of stress and burn out.
While you can't really avoid these changes, you can equip yourself with the knowledge and skill sets necessary to make parenthood, and all the stresses that go with it, more manageable and rewarding.
Parents who work with me often struggle with:
- Loneliness and isolation
- Jealousy of others' freedom
- The pressure to be perfect
- Their kids' misbehavior or temper tantrums
- Low self-esteem, incompetence, and/or feelings of failure
- Symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Resentment toward their partner, children, and/or other family members
Parents I help also report feeling:
- Overwhelmed by family responsibilities
- Judged or criticized for their parenting style
- Guilty for wanting more space or downtime
- Less connected with their partner, kids, or life in general
IS COUNSELING RIGHT FOR US?
Most parents I work with have lost the ability to work together as a team, struggle to connect with their kids in meaningful ways, or both. They feel powerless, overwhelmed, unappreciated, misunderstood, and exhausted. Basically, they're at their wits end.
They've tried everything they could possibly think of to create more normalcy at home, but nothing's worked, and the joy they once felt toward each other dwindles with each passing day.
They want immediate support and solutions that will help them work through their issues and feel happier individually, as a couple, and as a family, but they don't know where to start... and that's where I come in!
HOW CAN PARENTS BENEFIT FROM COUNSELING?
Counseling can offer you a fresh perspective, and help you feel more confident about your parenting skills. Moreover, it can help you and your family create a more supportive and happy home environment! The therapy we provide is meant to help you and or your partner:
- Make the responsibilities of parenthood less overwhelming
- Achieve work-life-family balance
- Maintain intimacy with your partner
- Regulate conflict better
- Deal with tantrums and misbehavior more effectively
- Stop being at odds and work together as a team
- Reduce anxiety and stress