The Prepare/Enrich Program
Prepare / Enrich leads the way in helping couples explore and strengthen their relationship. The main component of the program is an online survey you each complete in about 30-45 minutes.
Over the last 30 years, the PREPARE/ENRICH relationship assessment has empowered and energized more than 3 million couples. Making it the number #1 premarital inventory and couples assessment tool in the US.
PREPARE/ENRICH is not just any survey
The items you respond to are based on research, and are intended to help you identify the unique strengths and potential growth areas of your premarital, committed, and/or married relationship.
You'll meet with a PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator trained to provide feedback by helping you understand your results and learn important relationship skills.
Built on a solid research foundation, PREPARE/ENRICH has been improved and refined over the years to become one of the best, most effective, easy-to-use relationship assessment tools available.
There are several goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals, there are exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills.
The program helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
What does PREPARE/ENRICH assess?
- 12 Relationship Scales (communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs, and more)
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales (based off the Circumplex Model)
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales
Who uses prePare/Enrich?
The inventory has been utilized by over 100,000 trained clergy members, professional counselors, mentors, and marriage educators throughout the US.
Over 3 million couples have taken a PREPARE/ENRICH inventory and worked through their results under the guidance of one of our trained facilitators.
Is PREPARE/ENRICH valid & reliable?
An important strength of the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventory is its strong psychometric properties. High levels of reliability and validity have been found for each instrument, making them valuable tools for research as well as clinical use.
National Norms based on over 500,000 couples
High Levels of Validity and Reliability
PREPARE/ENRICH has validity in that it discriminates premarital couples that get divorced from those that are happily married with about 80-85% accuracy. Reliability is high (alpha reliability of .80-.85).